A new shed in the backyard can serve many different purposes. It can become your children’s playhouse, or it can be used to store your kids’ toys and outdoor supplies. A shed can also provide you with a quiet place to get some work done, which is why so many people are turning their sheds into offices. If you are going to use your shed as an office, there are several things you should consider before making the transition. Here are five ways to use a shed for work.
Convert it into an office shed
Do you work from home? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, more and more people are doing it every day. And why not? It’s convenient, comfortable, and can be quite productive. But sometimes, working from home can be a bit too comfortable. Maybe you need a change of scenery. Or maybe you just need a dedicated space to focus on work. If that’s the case, then you might want to consider converting your shed into an office shed. Here are five ways to turn your shed into a workspace:
- Can you turn a shed into an office? Yes! The right desk or table with shelves or cabinets will make this possible. Consider adding some lighting as well as an internet connection.
- A drywall partition can help create two smaller spaces in one large area.
- Is there a doorway separating the space from the outdoors? Add sliding doors for easy access to light, air, and nature (just make sure there is adequate insulation).
- Keep it cool by adding a window AC unit or invest in some ceiling fans for airflow (you’ll also have plenty of room for multiple monitors).
- What about soundproofing? Hang some heavy curtains across any windows if noise is an issue (they’ll also cut down on sunlight).
Convert it into a salon
A shed can be the perfect place to set up a salon for hair, nails, airbrush tanning, lashes, and other beauty needs. By converting it into a workspace, you can create a comfortable and private space for your clients. Plus, by using a shed as a salon, you can save money on rent and utilities. Here are some tips on how to convert a shed into a salon:
- Install windows if there are none present so that natural light can come in through the windows to brighten up the room during working hours.
- Make sure there is enough storage space in your shed so that supplies do not have to be lugged from another location. Shelves and cabinets should also be installed inside the structure of your new salon for additional storage options.
- Make sure you have the proper ventilation
- Make sure you have the proper plumbing (yes you can have a hair wash station, a pedicure chair, and a sink in a shed)
- Make sure you have the proper electrical wiring
Convert it into a gym
You can also use a shed as a Pilates or yoga studio. If you have a backyard, you can easily convert a shed into a gym. Just clear out the space, add some mats for yoga, and you’re good to go. You can also use a shed as a studio with the proper equipment. You may want to add laminate flooring to make it more comfortable.
Convert it into a photography studio
One way to use a shed is to convert it into a photography studio. This can be done by painting the walls white, setting up a backdrop, and adding lighting. By doing this, you can create a space that is perfect for taking photos. Be sure to get a shed that has a ceiling high enough for your backdrops and studio lighting. If the natural lighting is more your expertise, make sure to get plenty of windows installed for that natural lighting to come in.
Convert it into equipment storage
Sheds can be a great way to store work equipment, whether you’re a car detailer or housecleaner. Having a designated space for your products can help you keep your work area organized and tidy. Plus, it can be a great way to protect your equipment from the elements. Be sure to add lots of shelving for products and be sure that it’s well-ventilated and/or insulated depending on how your products should be stored.
Whether you’re looking for a place to start a business or just need a little extra space to get work done, a Keter shed can be the perfect solution. With a few simple modifications, you can turn a shed into a comfortable and functional workspace.